Baker reduced tank cleaning time by 66%
The full spectrum of maintenance, cleaning and hydro-testing solutions includes Baker Mix tanks, Coil tanks and other large capacity fixed-axle storage tanks.
Europe’s oldest and largest pipeline was expected to be emptied prior to maintenance work. However crude oil was discovered in it, prompting a rapid response from Baker to reduce the risk of a delay in the project or an oil spill at the refinery site.
By implementing 11 Baker tanks with over 100 metres of hosing, our Baker solution eliminated any risk of spill whilst the pipeline fixed and prepared for future use.
A permanent crude oil tank needed to be cleaned of "slop" - a mixture of mud and fuel. Unfortunately the customer did not have a way to separate out the slop from the cleaning water.
By installing a coil tank to heat the waste stream and one separator tank to separate water from oil, our Baker solution reduced waste disposal and disposal costs. Additionally, cleaning downtime was cut from six weeks to two weeks.
Terminals & Pipelines case studies
Oil terminal cleaning
View all solutions
- Pressure testing / testing of water tightness of pipelines
- Tank cleaning
- Pipeline cleaning
- Storage of cutter fluids (e.g., cleaning liquid)
- Storage of crude oil, glycol, and demineralise
- Liquids to test pipeline
- Buffer storage for blending
- Storage of water backup for firefighting
- Storage of the liquid content of the pipeline / fixed storage tank