Storage tanks that deliver flexibility, capacity & cost savings.
Baker tanks can be placed into the heart of your environmental remediation project, expertly aligned for cost effective treatment processes. Their larger capacities can help achieve more efficient maintenance, testing and batching of waste streams.
Our Environmental Remediation solutions help you reduce compliance costs while saving time with flexible temporary storage equipment.
At a plant, by the nature of the business, roads are constantly polluted with dust, sand and metal particles.To maintain good housekeeping and limit environmental impact, sweeper trucks were continuously cleaning the roads and dumping the sludge in onsite pits for dewatering. The customer was seeking an alternative solution to dewater the road pollution because dumping into the onsite deep pits caused unsafe situations.
A polluted basin at a petrochemical plant needed to be cleaned whilst avoiding expensive charges for external waste disposal. Our environmentally compliant Baker solution minimised costs and saved valuable time as the on-site wastewater treatment plant was utilised. Carbon filters treated high levels of pollutant within the wastewater and pollution levels were tested prior to feeding the liquid through their system, resulting in further reduced treatment time.
A waste-to-energy company needed to repair its slack lime unit which is critical for meeting the environmental regulations limiting the acidity of smoke fumes. The Baker solution, involving a temporary bulk storage system including Baker Mix Tanks, meant the slack lime was in continuous suspension. This allowed the customer to be less reliant upon delivery schedules from their slack lime supplier and the continuity in operations for the waste-to-energy plant, whilst maintaining environmental compliance as they repaired their slack lime unit.
Environmental Remediation case studies
Energy plant repair
View all solutions
- Effluent storage to allow sampling and testing
- Effluent buffers before treatment
- Sewer cleaning at industrial sites and airports
- Storage of leachate water (e.g. from landfills)
- Storage of slack lime
- Storage of contaminated water
- Temporary storage of wastewater
- Storage of wastewater from wet flue gas cleaning
- Buffer storage of demineralised water during maintenance
- Overflow storage for wastewater treatment systems
- Rinse water from paint booths
- Cleaning of wastewater treatment plant
- Storage of wastewater (with or without solvents)
- Storage of wastewater after a fire
- Cleaning of digester tanks
- Buffer storage of chemicals for WWTPs
- Buffer storage of chemical oxygen demand (COD) or biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) streams
- Flocculation - aluminum chloride, hydrocarbons, chloride
- Hazardous waste treatment - storage of waste for later processing, including flexible tank storage capacity for incoming streams and controlled feeds to WWTP