Baker provides filtration solutions for a range of industrial needs - vapour and liquid, high-flow and low-flow. Whether the project requirements involve settlement of solids, separation of floating pollutants, or filtration of suspended solids, Baker has the people, equipment and application know how to get the job done right. To further complete our filtration solutions offerings, Baker has expanded its capabilities by adding a new product which can also treat solid waste such as coarse, mineral and organic sludge.
Our new Dewatering Box is specifically designed to treat coarse and firm sludge which is relatively easy to dewater. Depending on the type and particle size of the sludge, the Dewatering Box has multiple modes of operation:
- The box can be operated as a standalone solution, using the fixed screen which can handle solids down to 390 micron.
- The box can also be equipped with special inlays to handle smaller solids down to 200 and 100 micron. These inlays make it even easier to clean.
- For odorous and/or dangerous sludge, the box can be equipped with a permeable membrane tube. The permeable membrane tube also simplifies the emptying and cleaning of the box.
RIGOROUS INDUSTRIAL STANDARDS
Similar to our other products, the Dewatering Box has been developed with the same rigorous industrial standards and designed with quality and safety as top priorities.
The box is standard equipped with robust, removable and perforated screens on the sides. These special screens can handle solids down to 390 micron.
A 2-stage de-locking system reduces risk when the operator opens the door. The tipping door lowers the risks of leakage during the dewatering process.
PLUG & PLAY
Multiple “Plug & Play” features allow for quick delivery and pick up as well as fast easy filling and emptying.
The box comes standard with a tarp to keep the solids dry in case of rain, so avoiding further complication of the dewatering. Three beams supporting the tarp can be demounted for filling with an excavator.
The size of the box 1,772 mm x 2,547 mm x 6,500 mm (H x W x L) makes it easy to handle. The hook position can be tailored to different types of vehicles.
Emptying & Cleaning
The combination of a lock on the tipping door, removable screens, corner drains and a smooth floor makes it easy to clean and empty the Dewatering Box.
The box has multiple options for easy filling:
1) Thanks to the lowered side, vacuum trucks can discharge directly into the box
2) One flanged filling point (back) to connect directly to a sludge pump
3) Two fixing points to secure hoses